Sunday, September 16, 2012

Willful Ignorance & Stupidity Preferable to Education & Intelligence



Well-known prig Rick Santorum can insult a room full of Values Voters and get applause for it:

"We will never have the media on our side, ever, in this country," Santorum said, according to BuzzFeed and a video posted by Right Wing Watch, available above. "We will never have the elite, smart people on our side, because they believe they should have the power to tell you what to do." [article on Huffington Post]

Forgive me, but I really wish I was making this up. It makes me want to puke that these morons really believe ignorance and stupidity are virtues. My education and ability to think (and spell) make me suspect and somehow part of that shadowy "other" region occupied by President Obama and anybody else with an IQ greater than their belt size.

Stunning. Coupled with the nation-wide attack on public education, it's also frightening as hell. This is the Tea Party's "long game:" By 2016 or 2020, they intend to make the majority of Americans too stupid to know they're dumb.

Full transcript on Politico. Hat-tip: Huffington Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment